Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

It's about that time...well for California we had maybe 3 days of cold, and next week its back in the 80's again. I made this while it was actually cold. But, I can't wait till I can make my mom's famous (and fattening) potato cheese soup, and chili with cornbread, and chicken tortilla soup...MMmMmMmmmmm.

So, I actually made my own noodles for the first time. Since it was my first time, I realized that I made them too thick. That means I should probably go by myself one of those pasta roller machines, I love it when I have a good excuse to buy something for myself :)
Most of the time when I make stuff I don't really follow measurements, so I will do as best as I can with directions, in case someone wants to make it.
1/2 box of chicken broth
1 chicken breast (I prefer more veggies, so you can add more chicken if you want)
3 carrots
3 stalks of celery
handful of mushrooms
1/4 onion
poultry seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
homeade noodles (recipe below)

*Pour chicken broth and about a cup of water in a big pot on a meduim simmer.  Place chicken, carrots and celery in the broth (Im not a huge fan of the texture of boiled chicken, so I put it on a mild simmer, more like poached chicken) season the broth with a couple shakes of poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
*Start the noodles now so they can sit while the chicken cooks.
*After chicken is cooked and shredded, add onions mushrooms and noodles. Try the broth and season to taste.

Homeade noodles (SUPER EASY)
1 cup of flour, and a little for the rolling pin
2 eggs
*Place the flour directly onto the countertop and create a little hole to crack the egg into.
*Knead together the flour and egg until all combined and you can start rolling it out. Remember that it will not be too thin, so just roll out as thin as you can and use a pizza cutter to create the strips.
*Let sit out for about an hour to dry. They will not be completely dry.

<a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=www.foodizmypassion.blogspot.com" class="pin-it-button" count-layout="horizontal">Pin It</a>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js%22%3E%3C/script>

No comments:

Post a Comment