Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Strawberry Lime Cupcakes



W.O.W. super yummy, my fave new cupcake recipe! I have realized, I am not sure how good of a cook I would be if I didn't have the internet.  Other people are so much more creative than I am...I'll just continue to copy their creativity ;) So, this recipe originated from the How Sweet It Is blog, but I found it on the Eating Bird Food blog.

I was really excited to try it out, and thought that if it was a success I would make them for my sisters baby shower...well, SUCCESS! I have also succeeded at adding yet another thing to my plate for the shower haha. Typical. 


Strawberry Lime Cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon lime zest
12 fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream butter, sugar, and eggs together until fluffy. Add vanilla.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add the milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Stir in lime zest.

Pour into cupcake tins and bake for 20-25 mins at 350. Let cool.
Using a sharp knife, cut a cone-shaped hole in the cupcake, leaving about an inch of cake on the bottom. Stuff the strawberry down it, and cover with remaining cake if you can. Frost!


You are probably wondering what to do with all of the centers that were cut out, I am not one to waste so it definitely went to good use!
 
Lime Buttercream
1 stick butter, softened
1 lb powdered sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
lime zest for garnish
Cream butter. Add sugar 1 cup at a time. Stir in vanilla. Drizzle in lime juice, add more if needed.
Frost cupcakes and garnish with lime zest or sprinkles :)


No comments:

Post a Comment