Wednesday, May 23, 2012

BLT Wraps and Cold Thai Noodle Salad






Since I live in Southern California and my commute to and from work is about 50 miles combined, that translates into about an hour and a half of drive time. During that time I can get quite a lot accomplished, whether I am figuring out what I am doing for the weekend, putting together a shopping list, going over my bills, but most likely I am trying to decide what is for dinner that night. Today wasn't a particularly hot day (low 80's) considering the last couple of days have been mid 90's and it's not even June yet :( But, even though it wasn't a scorcher I didn't feel like turning the oven on and heating up the house, that translated into the BLT wrap. 

Tortillas
Cream Cheese
Tomato
Bacon
Lettuce
Avocado 
Salt and Pepper to taste

Assemble and enjoy...yum :) 



So, the next question was what to eat with it...so many thoughts went through my head: quinoa salad, steamed veggies, brown rice...none sounded very appealing. Pinterest to the rescue again. I made a cold thai noodle salad.


box of rice noodles (I used soba noodles)
1 cucumber
1 tomato
shredded carrots
cilantro
toasted sesame seeds

1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
juice from one lime
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves minced garlic
red pepper flakes to taste

Julienne the cucumber, grate the carrot, de-seed then chop the tomato, chop the cilantro and toast the sesame seed. Place in a bowl and set aside. Since soba noodles only take about 4 minutes to cook I prepped and cut everything first.
Combine everything for the sauce and set aside. Boil the noodles then place under cold running water.  Make sure all the water is drained before you add to the veggies. 
Combine the veggies, noodles and dressing. You can refrigerate for about an hour or just eat right away (I clearly couldn't wait).





No comments:

Post a Comment